The BABY & ME- Tobacco Free Program (TM) is an evidence based, smoking cessation program created to reduce the burden of tobacco on the pregnant and postpartum population.
How the Program Works:
- Pregnant women eligible to enroll may contact, or are referred, to Delivering Change: Healthy Families-Healthy Communities
- Women attend 4 prenatal counseling cessation sessions to receive education and support for quitting smoking and staying quit, and test using a carbon monoxide (CO) monitor (breath test).
- At prenatal sessions 3 and 4, women may receive their first two diaper vouchers, if the test tobacco free.
- After the birth of the baby, women return monthly to continue CO monitoring and if proven to be smoke-free, receive a monthly diaper/wipes voucher for up to twelve months postpartum
- Diaper vouchers can be used for any brand or size of diapers at Walmart and/or local participating stores when applicable
- A smoker who lives with the preganat woman can also enroll into the program and if successfully quits smoking, may receive diaper vouchers during the postpartum period.
For more information visit: www.babyandmetobaccofree.org