Who Should Receive A Healthy Start Home Visit?
Any pregnant women & families
with a baby (birth through age 1)
living in Geary County.
What can a Home Visitor do during your pregnancy?
- Find an OB Provider
- Good nutrition
- Learning how to breastfeed your baby
- Infant car seat safety
- Planning for child care, if needed
- Stopping behaviors that can hurt your growing baby
What can a Home Visitor do after baby is born?
- One on one visits with age appropriate activities
- Hearing & vision screenings
- Breastfeeding support
- Playtime for parents & children
- Family planning
- Weight checks
- Adult Education
A Healthy Start Home Visitor can also help with:
- Financial assistance & insurance
- Healthcare for you and your child
- Supplement food/nutrition program
- Reducing risk of infant injury & death
- Child development, early childhood programs or childcare information
Grow a Healthy Family!
As your baby grows and you have new questions, concerns or health needs, your Home Visitor can help you find the resources you need
Call Delivering Change 785-238-0300